January 4 -7, 2023
Gaylord Area Council for the Arts is inviting entries for the Black and White with a little color Exhibition, subject to the conditions of this Call to Entry. Artwork can be in any art medium and both 3-D and 2-D are accepted. The pieces should be black and white with a little color. Each artist may submit up to 5 pieces or as room is available.
- Must be a Michigan resident (including seasonal residents) 16 years old or older
- Entries must be original works of the artist's own creation of good condition and not accepted into a Gaylord Arts exhibitions within the last 3 years.
- Work of any media is accepted but must be black and white. Addition of a hint of color is allowed.
- All accepted works will remain as placed at the gallery for the duration of the exhibit, unless sold during the exhibit.
- Select pieces chosen to be displayed will remain in place for the duration of the show, January 11 - February 18, 2023 (unless sold).
Conditions for Entry
- All artwork must be ready to hang or display and professional attention to detail is required. (ie. if framed, frame is in good condition, back of peice is finished and clean, etc.).
- 2-D artwork must be wired at the time of submission--no sawtooth hangers will be accepted
- 2-D pieces must be clearly labeled on the back and 3-D in an inconspicuous place with
- artist's name,
- Selling price or if not for sale, "Exhibit Only"
- Artwork will be accepted on a first-come-first-served basis, as space allows, Entry fee covers up to maximum entries of five.
- Gaylord Arts reserves the right to reject any work for any reason.
- Completed Entry form, payment and art submissions must be received no later than January 7, 2023 (See submission procedure below for more details).
- Entry fee: Member- $20.00, Non-member - $30.00. (covers 5 entries maximum)
- Gaylord Arts will take reasonable precautions to ensure the protection of artwork appearing in this show, but you are exhibiting at your own risk. You may obtain insurance on your own artwork for this show, however, Gaylord Arts does not insure exhibitor's art and is not responsible for loss or damage to artwork appearing in this show.
- You agree to leave accepted entries on display in the Gaylord Arts' center for the duration of this show. If the piece is sold during the show, the buyer has the option to remove the piece at the time of sale.
- All unsold pieces must be picked up by the deadlines. Art work not retrieved within 30 days become the property of Gaylord Area Council for the Arts, unless arrangements are made.
- Pickup pieces: February 15 - 18, 2023 during gallery open hours.
- Entering this show constitutes giving Gaylord Arts permission to photograph art work for publicity or archival purposes.
Gaylord Arts will retain a 30% commission on sales of work sold during the exhibit. The sale price must include any matting and framing if applicable. All entries that are for sale will be featured on Gaylord Arts' on-line Art Market Store: gaylordarts.org. It is the responsibility of the artist to supply photographs of artwork for the on-line store. If a photo of the piece has not submitted, it will not appear in the on-line store
- Complete entry form (on-line see below or download, print and submit via mail or in-person at the gallery. Must be received no later than January 7, 2023 by 2:00 p.m. Entries with missing information will not be accepted.
- Submit Entry Fee Payment (on-line payment, click "Entry Fee Payment" below or pay with check via mail or in-person at the gallery). Payment must be received no later than January 7, 2023 by 2:00 p.m. to be accepted. Checks payable to: "Gaylord Area Council for the Arts."
- Drop off art pieces between January 4 - 7, 2023 to Gaylord Area Council for the Arts gallery | 125 E. Main St., Gaylord, MI. 49735 during open hours
- Submit Digital Photos if wishing to appear in on-line store (Instructions below):
Hardcopy Entry form
Submit Digital Photos: Must use the Digital Entry Form Below
Please note: All photos must be