Now - July 2, 2022
Gaylord Area Council for the Arts is calling all Michigan artists to enter this year’s “Hometown” Exhibition.
Remembering the good times, the hard times, and everything in between, is part of the hometown experience. In recognition of the City of Gaylord's Centennial Anniversary, the exhibit seeks to celebrate community. Whether through the eyes of visiting artists or full-time resident artists, this multimedia exhibit of original works explores the feeling that are associated with the Hometown experience of Gaylord and its surrounding area.
- Must be a Michigan resident (including seasonal residents) 16 years old or older
- Entries must be original works of the artist's own creation of good condition.
- Work of any media is accepted but must capture the hometown experience of Gaylord and its surrounding area.
- All accepted works will remain as placed at the gallery for the duration of the exhibit, unless sold during the exhibit.
- Select pieces will be chosen to be displayed at the Gaylord's City hall and will remain in place for the duration of the show (unless sold).
Conditions for Entry
- All artwork must be ready to hang or display.
- 2-D artwork must be wired at the time of submission--no sawtooth hangers will be accepted
- 2-D pieces must be clearly labeled on the back and 3-D in an inconspicuous place with
- artist's name,
- Selling price or if not for sale, "Exhibit Only"
- Artwork will be accepted on a first-come-first-served basis, as space allows, Entry fee covers up to maximum entries of five.
- Gaylord Arts reserves the right to reject any work for any reason.
- Completed Entry form, payment and art submissions must be received no later than July 2, 2022 (See submission procedure below for more details).
- Entry fee: Member- $15.00, Non-member - $25.00. (covers 5 entries maximum)
- Gaylord Arts will take reasonable precautions to ensure the protection of artwork appearing in this show, but you are exhibiting at your own risk. You may obtain insurance on your own artwork for this show, however, Gaylord Arts does not insure exhibitor's art and is not responsible for loss or damage to artwork appearing in this show.
- You agree to leave accepted entries on display in the Gaylord Arts' center or Gaylord's City Hall if selected for the duration of this show. If the piece is sold during the show, the buyer has the option to remove the piece at the time of sale.
- All unsold pieces must be picked up by the deadlines. Art work not retrieved within 30 days become the property of Gaylord Area Council for the Arts, unless arrangements are made.
- Pickup pieces: August 24 -27, 2022 during gallery open hours.
- Entering this show constitutes giving Gaylord Arts permission to photograph art work for publicity or archival purposes.
GACA will retain a 30% commission on sales of work sold during the exhibit. The sale price must include any matting and framing if applicable. All entries that are for sale will be featured on Gaylord Arts' on-line Art Market Store: gaylordarts.org
- Complete entry form (on-line see below or download, print and submit via mail or in-person at the gallery. Must be received no later than July 2, 2022 by 2:00 p.m. Entries with missing information will not be accepted.
- Submit Entry Fee Payment (on-line payment, click "Entry Fee Payment" below or pay with check via mail or in-person at the gallery). Payment must be received no later than July 2, 2022 by 2:00 p.m. to be accepted. Checks payable to: "Gaylord Area Council for the Arts."
- Drop off art pieces between Now - July 2, 2022 to Gaylord Area Council for the Arts gallery | 125 E. Main St., Gaylord, MI. 49735 during open hours