February 23 - 26, 2022
For thousands of years the human form has appeared in mankind's creative works. From the early cave paintings to today, the human form has been used to tell stories, express beliefs and to explore what it is to be human. Gaylord Area Council for the Arts is inviting All Michigan residents (full and part-time) 16+ to submit their original art work that attempts to answer this question.
- Must be a Michigan resident (including seasonal residents) 16 years old or older
- Entries must be original works of the artist's own creation of good condition.
- Must be the artist's interpretation of "What it means to be human?"
- All 2D and 3D in any medium accepted.
- All accepted works will remain as placed for the duration of the exhibit (March 2 - 26, 2022), unless sold during the exhibit.
- All flatwork (2-D) must be matted and/or framed & wired to hang (no sawtooth).
Conditions for Entry
- Up to 5 pieces (total) may be submitted. Submissions can be 2D or 3D and in any medium. Figures may be clothed or unclothed and/or capture the entire human figure or only a portion.
- Gaylord Arts reserves the right to reject any work for any reason.
- Completed Entry form and payment must be received no later than February 26th, 2022 by 2:00 p.m. (See submission procedure below for more details).
- Entry fee (covers up to 4 pieces) : Member- $15.00, Non-member - $25.00.
- 2-D pieces must be framed and wired for hanging at the time of submission. No sawtooth hangers will be accepted.
- 2-D pieces must be clearly labeled on the back and 3-D in an inconspicuous place with
- artist's name,
- Selling price or if not for sale, "Exhibit Only"
- Gaylord Arts will take reasonable precautions to ensure the protection of artwork appearing in this show, but you are exhibiting at your own risk. You may obtain insurance on your own artwork for this show, however, Gaylord Arts does not insure exhibitor's art and is not responsible for loss or damage to artwork appearing in this show.
- You agree to leave accepted entries on display in the Gaylord Arts' center for the duration of this show. If the piece is sold during the show, the buyer has the option to remove the piece at the time of sale.
- All unsold pieces must be picked up by the deadlines. Art work not retrieved within 30 days become the property of Gaylord Area Council for the Arts, unless arrangements are made.
- Pickup pieces: March 30, 2022 - April 2, 2022 during gallery open hours.
- Entering this show constitutes giving Gaylord Arts permission to photograph art work for publicity or archival purposes.
GACA will retain a 30% commission on sales of work sold during the exhibit. The sale price must include any matting and framing. All entries that are for sale will be featured on Gaylord Arts' on-line Art Market Store: gaylordarts.org
Entry Form/Payment/Submission Procedure
- Complete entry form (on-line see below or download, print and submit via mail or in-person at the gallery. Must be received no later than February 26th, 2022 by 2:00 p.m. Entries with missing information will not be accepted.
- Submit Entry Fee Payment (on-line payment, click "Entry Fee Payment" below or pay with check via mail or in-person at the gallery). Payment must be received no later than February 26, 2022 by 2:00 p.m. to be accepted. Checks payable to: "Gaylord Area Council for the Arts."
- Drop off art pieces between February 23 - 26, 2022 to Gaylord Area Council for the Arts gallery | 125 E. Main St., Gaylord, MI. 49735 during open hours