July 5 - 8, 2023
About the Exhibit
Miniature art exhibitions hold great importance in the art world as they showcase the skill, precision, and creativity required to create artwork on a small scale. This exhibition provides a unique platform for artists to express their ideas in a condensed format, challenging traditional notions of scale and proportion. The intricate details should captivate the viewer and invite them to observe art from a different perspective. Additionally, This miniature art exhibition allows artists to explore diverse themes and experiment with various mediums and enables collectors to acquire stunning pieces that can be displayed in small spaces or form part of a larger collection. Overall, this exhibition celebrates the mastery of artists and offers a fascinating glimpse into the intricacies of miniaturized artistic expression.
The Gaylord area Council for the Arts (Gaylord Arts) invites Michigan artists (full-time and part-time resident) to enter the 2023 "Tiny Wonders...Miniature Art" Exhibition. Entries are due between July 5 - 8, 2023. Awards will be given in two categories: 2D and 3D, as well as “People’s Choice”. An Opening Reception & Awards Ceremony will be held on July 15th, from 5-7 pm. The accepted entries will be on display at the Gaylord Arts Center from July 12 - August 26th.
Ribbons & REcognition in Two Categories
"2D" and "3D"
- 1st place ribbon
- 2nd place ribbon
- 3rd place ribbon
- Honorable Mention & people's Choice Ribbons
Michigan artists who are 14 years old and older and seasonal residents may enter. All entries must be original works of the artist’s own creation. Entries will be accepted in these two categories:
- 2D: Works in any media that is no larger than 10" x 10" including outside edges of frame.
- 3D: Works in any media that can be viewed from all four sides and is no larger than 10" x 10 x 10"
Conditions of Entry:
- All artwork must be ready to hang or display and professional attention to detail is required. (ie. if framed, frame is in good condition, back of art is finished and clean, etc.).
- 2-D artwork must be wired-sawtooth hangers will be accepted, however, artist assumes all risk of damage.
- 2-D pieces must be clearly labeled on the back and 3-D in an inconspicuous place with
- Artist's name,
- Selling price or if not for sale, "Exhibit Only"
- Artwork will be accepted on a first-come-first-served basis, as space allows, Entry fee covers up to maximum entries of Ten. Please note: In the event that we have limited gallery space due to high participation, we may display only five of any single artist's entries at a time and the remaining five will be displayed as additional space becomes available due to gallery sales, etc.
- Gaylord Arts reserves the right to reject any work for any reason.
- Completed Entry form, payment and art submissions must be received no later than July 8, 2023 by 2:00 PM (See submission procedure below for more details).
- Entry fee: Member- $20.00, Non-member - $30.00, Student - $10 (covers 10 pieces maximum), Additional will require second entry form and fee.
- Gaylord Arts will take reasonable precautions to ensure the protection of artwork appearing in this show, but you are exhibiting at your own risk. You may obtain insurance on your own artwork for this show, however, Gaylord Arts does not insure exhibitor's art and is not responsible for loss or damage to artwork appearing in this show.
- You agree to leave accepted entries on display in the Gaylord Arts' center for the duration of this show. If the piece is sold during the show, the buyer has the option to remove the piece at the time of sale.
- All unsold pieces must be picked up by the deadlines. Art work not retrieved within 30 days become the property of Gaylord Area Council for the Arts, unless arrangements are made in advance.
- Pickup pieces: August 23 - 26, 2023 during gallery open hours.
- Entering this show constitutes giving Gaylord Arts permission to photograph art work for publicity or archival purposes.
Gaylord Arts will retain a 30% commission on sales of work sold during the exhibit. The sale price must include any matting and framing if applicable. All entries that are for sale will be featured on Gaylord Arts' on-line Exhibition and store. It is the responsibility of the artist to supply photographs of artwork for the on-line store. If a photo of the piece has not submitted, it will not appear in the on-line store. Digital only entries will not be eligible for sale.
- Complete entry form (on-line see below or download, print and submit via mail or in-person at the gallery. Must be received no later than July 8, 2023 by 2:00 p.m. Entries with missing information will not be accepted.
- Submit Entry Fee Payment (on-line payment, click "Entry Fee Payment" below or pay with check via mail or in-person at the gallery). Payment must be received no later than July 8, 2023 by 2:00 p.m. to be accepted. Checks payable to: "Gaylord Area Council for the Arts."
- Drop off art pieces between July 5 - 8, 2023 to Gaylord Area Council for the Arts gallery | 125 E. Main St., Gaylord, MI. 49735 during gallery open hours
- Submit Digital Photos if wishing to appear in on-line store (Instructions below):
SUBMIT DIGITAL PHOTOS: MUST USE THE DIGITAL SUBMISSION FORM BELOW:
Please note: All photos must be
- File naming format: Title_lastname_firstname_Tiny Wonders_Exhibit.png
- File format: jpeg or png format
- Not to exceed 20MB each